Sunday, November 18, 2012

Volleyball


The volleyball season ended a week ago and I believe that I learnt a lot during the three months in which I carried this activity through. First and most important thing I believe I have learnt is cooperation between my team members and coaches. I improved my communication with the team because I had the chance to give my opinion and explain my uncertainties if something looked wrong or had to be improved. This year I also found it easier to communicate with my coaches as they asked us a lot about our impressions; this gave me the possibility to express my ideas and show some leadership sometimes. Tournaments gave me the chance to meet new friends, give help if needed and receive some when in need. I met new friends while practicing in between the different matches; we started to talk and to share our different views on volleyball and on own different cultural backgrounds. Many people during the tournament got injured (me included) it was really nice to see how students and players from the other schools were always there to help and cheer you up. I also saw an Italian girl that sprained her ankle and I went there to talk to her, it was incredible how a simple conversation in ones mother tongue made her feel better. This year I have also greatly improved my volleyball skills as I learnt how to better move in the court and how to better place the ball when setting it up for my teammates. I have been really proud of being nominated captain of the setters to give them advices on how to improve their skills. I am really looking forward to restart the season as I really enjoyed this last one. 
(In the picture you can see whole volleyball team in the last tournament in Leysin)

No comments:

Post a Comment