Thursday, January 9, 2014

Swimming


As with many other sports I have learnt what my main weaknesses and strengths 
are. This sport is a very good activity that helps understanding where your limits are and how much you can push them to. Trainings are definitely showing me what I have to improve and being with a team I start to feel the pressure to improve as well because there is competition.
For the first time I have joined the swimming team, I have never had such an experience as I used to go to the pool only for fun or for swimming by myself, I never joined a competitive team. It really is going to be a new challenge as I have found out that most of the styles I did were not suitable for racing. I am learning how to go faster and everyday I am learning new skills. This is really satisfying.  
I have been going swimming every Tuesday early before school. For the moment I have not been able to go to any race due to school work, but I am planning on exercising and training enough for the race I will soon be in. I have started this activity as not being suitable for the team as I was too slow, now I can really see the improvements.
As I have already mentioned above many are the skills I have learnt through this period of time: from new swimming techniques, endurance and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment