Thursday, June 27, 2013

PADI - Scuba Diving

On the 19.06.13 I obtained my scuba diving license. After four days of intensive course including theory and practice I succeeded to obtain my certification. It has been a great experience that I got to share with my friends and classmates as this was part of the school field trip. I have been very happy and proud of this because this has been a field trip that gave the chance to come home with something that I will be able to use again in the future and also it allowed me to improve my sports abilities. Not only I have learnt a new sport, but I have also learnt to better know my body and how it works in different condition (staying underwater for a long time, different pressures, new ways of breathing etc...). Furthermore I had the chance to improve my snorkeling techniques and knowledge. Now I will definitely be a more aware swimmer and diver.

This was a great new challenge for me as staying underwater for so long with an air tank was something I had never tried before and was really mind-blowing for me. Before this week I never though I could have done something similar.

Communication underwater was essential because we always had to have a buddy on who to count on while under the sea surface. Without good communication we might as well been completely lost (my buddy and I in the picture above).

This is also why every single action done underwater had to be pondered and thought before hand as to would have had a great implication on the other members. It was a matter of ethic and thoughts altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment