Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Dare Race



Our Team:

THE FAT L (Fryer And The Ladies) 



On Saturday 8.06.13 my team and I completed the dare race. It has been an amazing experience as we had to train very much to be able to face this 30km long run. A good training was necessary as we had to plan it in such a way that every member would have been completely ready for the day of the run. It was time consuming but we had a good training plan that aimed to develop all our skills and our muscles resistance. That involved every part of our body. The challenge was not only physically demanding but also mentally as we all had to solve different riddles to succeed the race but we also had to keep our mind set for the entire time; no matter how tired. This race highly improved out team work skills as we would have not managed to finish it on our own. It was a good way to keep the motivation up, we cheered for each other and when someone could not do something, some of the others could and vice versa. Teamwork really owned the situation the entire time.
Not only was the race fun to run, but also the build up before it. With and without the entire team we met up during the month and a half before it to train our muscles by running for a few hours around 10km each time. I remember the first time being very hard and too demanding for me, then things became easier with the training. It was nice to see how the group could motivate you even during the practices. The teamwork that I saw was not only related to our group but also with the other teams that were running against us. Many times we trained together and shared ideas and tips, furthermore during the actual race when meeting other teams we helped each other out no matter which school they came from. Another very good outcome of this experience is was to realize what my strengths and weaknesses where. For example I was able to solve the maths riddles and some of the logical challenges we had to do but I had to "back off" when the riddles where language related as I know I do not have a good enough affinity with the language that could enable me to solve "words-riddles". This experience definitely gave me a lot and it is something that I would strongly recommend to anybody, whatever physical level you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment