Sunday, November 17, 2013

Volleyball Season 2013


This short video is meant to quickly summarize my last experience in my volleyball team. The last tournament took place in Leysin, CH and this was the last important tournament of the season.

After this experience I noticed how much our team grew up as a whole during these 3 or 4 months together. I saw these changes during this time as I noticed how the team played better during all matches, how we were more a really united team instead of a random group of people “forced” to play together. We had fun dancing, talking, eating, and especially playing together. I am really proud of what the team became at the end of this season. I consider this the best team I have ever had in the past 3 years.

Being the captain this year made me experience volleyball under a different perspective, I was the leader and the team was always turning to me in the moments of happiness, difficulties, and struggles. Definitely it was nice to hear the team being happy, it was very easy to deal with such a situation. It was instead harder to deal with disputes and bad moments as I had to show team leading, moral support, and enthusiasm.

Personally I did not find this job too hard after I gained a bit of experience, in this case my energetic personality really came out and I felt really like carrying the team. This definitely gave me a lot of satisfactions, along with the great improvement seen in the end tournament as we conquered 10th place whereas the previous year we only got last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment