Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Guitar


From the beginning of the school year 2012/2013 I have been taking guitar lessons every Tuesday for 90 mins. This is a completely new experience for me, I have been playing different instruments since the start of my school life (piano, recorder, and clarinet) but I have never engaged the study of the guitar. This is being a completely new activity that will for sure enlarge my musical knowledge. I am also trying to balance my studying with practicing for the next lesson as I am really keen on becoming more skilled at this. 
After a two months break from my lessons, I have restarted just a few weeks ago. I was eager of restarting again because I feel this activity can help me improve my skills I already gain from taking piano lessons. This is a very important side-learning-activity that is helping me diving deeper in the knowledge I currently have. Despite stopping because of the shoulder brace I had to wear,  when I have restarted taking the lessons I have noticed that  that since the beginning I made a lot of improvements. I started almost not even knowing how to hold a guitar and now I know all the notes, how to tune it, and I have started to learn a few easy pieces. The last skills I learnt are strumming patterns and new chords. I will soon start to learn more complicated songs, if that will work well I will find out if I'm making further improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment