Wednesday, April 17, 2013

CAS Evaluation (04/13)


Creativity:
  1. Attending piano lessons (50min) every Monday after school in the Music Schule in Zurich.
  2. Guitar lessons in the school every tuesday afternoon after lunch.
  • This experience helped me a lot to improve many areas related to my personal growth: increasing awareness of my personal strengths, persevere on my passions and commit in the activity I signed up for, and in the end I developed new skills. Increasing awareness of my personal strengths and learning new skills was shown when the teacher gave new scores to play that increased of difficulty every time. I have been posting on my blog almost all of them. Showing perseverance and commitment in practicing a little bit almost everyday and keep on trying even if I was struggling. I have to get over every single piece I start! All of this reflects in the same way on my guitar lessons.

Action:
  1. Training for the 10km run in Zurich going running every friday after school from the beginning of may to the day of the run.
  2. Swimming in the Zumikon pool every Saturday morning with a few classmates.
  • The 10km run made me take new challenges. Especially because I felt the necessity of a good training and the regular commitment to achieve my goal. I really like sports but running is one I do not very much enjoy, but I decided that the Zurich run would have been an interesting challenge to face. It turned out to be a important experience because I improved my weekly sport activity (good for health) and I had to show first to myself that I was committed and I was willing to persevere in what I wasted to do (valid for swimming as well). Training also allowed me to know myself better and find out till where I can push myself (valid for swimming as well). I also started to better know the territory I Iive in, as I have tried to exercise over a variety of different paths while training. In fact I have tried to change them as much as I could every time.

Service:

  1. Playing at the sound of music, helping setting up the room for the performance and cleaning up everything at the end of the show (stage, chairs, decorations, instruments etc).
  2. Starting next week: teaching volleyball to G4 and G5

  • Undertaking this activity (SOM) pushed me to face new challenges and work collaboratively with a group of people (see reflection "End of SOM"). At the same time showing perseverance and commitment has been really important as the time spent to practice, organize, and get every detail of the show ready for the audience took a lot of time. 
  • Teaching volleyball still has to start in a week time and for the moment I can only give some ideas of what I hope to achieve doing this project. Mainly I hope this challenge will help me to improve my group working skills. Improving collaboration, communication with the team and planning beforehand will be necessary to teach our student in the best possible way. This activity will force me to undertake new challenges as this year I am one of the organizer of every lesson. I did this experience last year as well but that time I was under the guidance of 12th grader so I was following her instruction while teaching the kids. I am very convinced this experience will  increase the awareness of my own strengths and weakness so that it will be easier to know where I have to improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment