Monday, April 15, 2013

Teaching Volleyball to G4 and G5


On the 21st of April I will start teaching volleyball to 4th and 5th graders in the ICS gym. The lessons will run for 45 minutes  and I will teach the kids with two other classmates of the school. I did this experience last year as well and I found out that it is really hard for such young kids to start playing volleyball matches. For this reason I have been looking for website that explain easy games that relate the volleyball basics to simple and easy games. In this way they will learn the basic concepts in a more pleasant way and maybe for the end of the course we might be able to play an actual game. I have found a very interesting website that gave me a lot of ideas to use. It is in Italian but I will translate it in English for my classmates to understand what to do.  

Link to the PDF: http://www.savonafedervolley.it/pagine/allenatori/allievo/minivolley/eserciziminivolley.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment